The Happy Gender Project is made up of a team of licensed therapists and educators who have extensive experience working with lesbian, gay, bisexual and gender non-conforming young people and their families. We provide the following:
- Psychotherapy for parents of gender non-conforming/transgender young people.
- Psychotherapy for young people exploring their gender identities.
- Teacher and administrator trainings at both private and public schools, from pre-school through college, tailored to individual schools and their needs.
- Trainings at psychology, social work graduate programs and medical schools.
- Trainings at churches, synagogues, community parks and recreation departments.
The Happy Gender Project was founded by Laura Booker, LCSW, a New York based therapist, university lecturer and non-profit consultant with over fifteen years of experience working with this population.